Saturday, January 29, 2011

Craft overload

This really is the first year that I have looked forward to snow days since my teaching days. With the kids in school, we welcomed (very loudly and excitedly) the random snow day to just hang out and play games and do crafts. When we moved into this house we had a little craft drawer. It then expanded to a cabinet in my kitchen. Well, currently our crafts are housed in our huge built in cabinet area in our living room. It's crazy how we have been overtaken by crafts! I can't pay my kids to sit and watch TV but ask them if they want to do a craft and they are ALL over that! Here are a few of their fun creations...

Parker loved painting this lizard. Lils didn't want one.  Imagine that!)

The kids painted this fun Michael's find. It was a 2 hour project for them which was a nice break for me after several days home.
Bendaroos ( wax strings that mold together) and homemade bouncy balls... don't ask. It was interesting and not highly recommended.




3 comments:

Grubb Family said...

My kids LOVE bendaroos too. Especially Cade. While I have to pay them not to watch TV if it's on, they are major crafties too. Thanks for a few good ideas!!

Anonymous said...

Rach, I didn't post pics of the fun bracelets we made with Lillie's b-day gift ( I'll try and do that soon) There are a dozen other crafts we did as well that I need to post pics of. Bendaroos are a fav of Parkers.I'm not sure I really get it. Everything seems to fall apart that I make. LOL!

Nicole said...

Okkk.. not sure why my comment is anonymous on my own blog... Hmmm...